Monday, February 16, 2009

baby sling

At Erin's baby shower someone asked me about the baby sling that I like to make. I said I would post the instructions so here they are.

This is the site I like the best. I have a made several pouch slings which I have liked quite a bit. I especially like this size because it is small enough to carry all the time in my diperbag and then use when ever I want it. I have a friend that adds a pocket to the outside big enough for a diper and your wallet and keys so you don't have to cary anything else. The sewing is very easy and you can make one in about an hour. I really like to use very cute fabric and make the slings reversible then it can match what ever you are wearing.

http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/

Good luck

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love mine! In fact I was thinking about pulling it out again...Ian is going to run a 1 mile fun run next weekend and Ryan will be out of town and I don't really have a stroller for Molly, so she might go with us in the sling.

I have a friend who suggests a zipper to make one sling adjustable through all baby sizes (you actually want it smaller when the baby gets bigger because it is only the sitting parts that stay in the sling.