Thursday, July 31, 2008

Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Burritos

My friend Megan Goodrich shared this recipe. She is addicted to Cafe Rio's sweet pork burritos and salad but she like me is cheap. She uses this recipe to make the burritos at home. Just a note it makes quite a bit, more then my family can eat at one time. So be prepared for lots of leftovers. I really like to use the pork roasts from costco. I hope you like it we sure do.

Megan’s Shredded Pork Burritos

3 lb pork roast
1 can Coke or Pepsi
1 c ketchup
5 T brown sugar

Cook roast until tender in crock pot. Shred meat. Place remaining
ingredients in a pan. Thicken with cornstarch. Replace sauce and meat
in crock pot. Cook on low for 1 hour or more or until ready to serve. Add about ½ cup chili sauce (buy on the pickle isle) just before serving.

Tortilla; Pork, Spanish rice, black beans, enchilada sauce, and cheese
(put in microwave to melt cheese for 30 seconds)

No comments: