Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Pollo Durango

There is a local Mexican restaurant Cafe Sabor which I love. This recipe was published in the paper, I made it for my family and Matt says it is "Awesome", it is easy and fast and very tasty.

Pollo Durango
1 cup chicken cubed
1 cups mushrooms washed and quartered
2 TBSP butter
1/2 cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup tomatillo enchilada sauce (if you cant find it try green chili enchilada sauce)

1. Cook Chicken and mushrooms together in butter in a large skillet
2. Combine cheese, sour cream and tomatillo sauce in another pan cook until creamy.
3. Drain the chicken and mushroom and add a pinch of cilantro
4. Combine the chicken/mushrooms with the sauce.

This makes one large (restaurant sized) serving but at my house that is enough for all 4 of us.
This is great alone but is awesome in enchiladas or burritos.

Original Recipe from the Herald Journal Sunday, May 3, 2009 "A Taste of Mexico" by Eli Lucero

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks

Katherine said...

Thank you so much for posting this recipe. My friend and I made the 2 hour to Logan to do some shopping that we can't do it town. We ate at Cafe Sabor. This dish is delicious and I wasn't sure how long I could go without it again. I'm so excited to have the recipe. Thanks again.

Chris said...

We went to Cafe Sabor for dinner last night and I had the Pollo Durango. This morning I thought I need to find a recipe for it so I can make it at home. You blog was the first link to come up when I googled Pollo Durango. Thanks!!!